Thursday, March 12, 2009

Making the Audio

Ok, using Verbose text to mp3 software [http://www.nch.com.au/verbose/index.html] I will make a series of short pieces of audio.

Unfortunately since I am using a free trial version of the Verbose software I only have a choice of three voices. All of which are not very interesting sounding. I will have to manipulate them quite a lot in order to get the 'Godly' sound that I am looking for.

I have decided the best way to go about it is to make each word a separate file.
Originally I was just going to make one long sentence and then cut it up but this is lazy and may ruin the sound.

....................................................................................................................................................

I chose to go for the female voice and add a few effects to it. I put heaps of reverb on the voice to give it that Godly sound. I had trouble with some words as the computer didn't seem to be able to pronounce them properly. "No' and "The" were the most difficult words to get sounding right. What the fuck?

I am very lucky because all apart from one of my donated stereos has a 'repeat all' function. I would like to keep the CD's playing over and over. I realise that since I am allowing people to play with the buttons this function will sometimes be turned off but I can just keep checking on it.

Each track is aroung 2 to 3 seconds long. So I should be able to put over a 1000 tracks on each CD to keep the CD running for at least 80 minutes which is how long the CDs I have bought will play for.

..............................................................................................................................................................

Learnt something new today.. CDs can hold only 99 tracks.
This is unfortunate because now i only have about 5 minutes of audio on each C.D.
Thank god for 'repeat all'.

Some sentences have less than 7 words. I will make some 'silence' to go in the place of those words.


No comments:

Post a Comment